Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves of the things we do like.--Ernest Benn

Monday, March 26, 2012

Time to Show Up for My Night Job

Yesterday's race had a little bit of everything in it. My boat didn't show, but the Princess Sapphire sure did, right in the middle of the course. Talk about stadium yacht racing!

Nine out of nine boats finished. I'm told that the Beneteau was laid over
by a 30 knot gust early in the two hours, 6nm race. In fact the wind varied from 2 to 18 knots, along with rain and sunlight. I walked the breakwater & docks with Doberwoman and could experience some of their pain. Last year I would have loved to have been involved; this year, not so much. Also, I've been sick for the last three weeks. But, the Good Guys' boat is in her slip with a fresh coat of topsides paint. All I have to do is recruit 1-2+ crew for Wednesday's evening race. This year, more than ever, this funning feels like work. We have to sail until we sell.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sparing us that line, "The second happiest day in a boat owner's life is ...."

    ReplyDelete