Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves of the things we do like.--Ernest Benn

Sunday, August 15, 2010

The English Premier League Is Off & Running

So is our rotisserie league.

Since I am heavily into another fantasy, Virtual Regatta, to engage in a second fantasy would be stretching my thinning energies and attention in the real world. However, just to ensure I'm in the swim of things with family and friends, I drafted a team.

The EPL runs 38 weeks and the first week is already history. The problem is, in the early going things turned out rather well for the Latitude 34 Football Club.

























My initial success, however, means it falls to me to do the charting. Otherwise, Latitude 34 won't become a legend in its own time. Otherwise the record wouldn't show that Age and Treachery can occasionally overcome youth and agility.

17 comments:

  1. Someone has very rudely drawn a line through one of my players, trying to indicate that he is "inactive". Does that mean I get a free transaction in order to replace him? If Not, I'm filing a grievance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Youth and skill will always beat out age in treachery in the long run. They're just letting the ol' Gipper get a head start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't look back, Doc. Something may be gainin' on ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, my lead is troubled. Three key injuries this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. After Sunday, I have briefly retained 3rd place. But Sunderland plays today, and Bent will score, and I will end up in 3rd. I know it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. After 10 weeks in the wilderness, I am back into first place!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not only in 1st, but Latitude has some daylight, now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 2nd place team picked up 40 to my 30 points this week.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Today was a good day for the home team!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're sure doing way better in futbol than you are in yotting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, I'm winning going away, as it were, with 10 more weeks to go. But the fat lady has not yet sung.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Look again. Looks to me the fat lady is choking.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Latitude 34 F.C. finished 297th out of more than 95,000 teams! Not bad!

    Age & Treachery will always over come youth and talent!

    What I always say!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What's hot about that? What about those 296 teams you didn't beat?

    ReplyDelete