- We were over early. In drifting conditions that's the race.
- Our spinnaker pole has been restored!
- Reaching to the 2nd mark, we could not fetch it and so had to temporarily drop the chute.
- Under four knots of wind in a sea, we cannot tack; we were forced to over-stand and gybe.
- At the last (leeward) mark we actually managed to slam dunk another boat.
Sunday, October 2, 2011
Working Up a Lather
Lady-at-the-Helm Race, which I refer laconically as LATHeR: So little winds, only about a dozen boats showed up. At the prep signal, the wheel was seized from my grip and I was sent forward to put my beer muscle on the leeward rail. I will not mention the discussions which transpired on board, because what happens on the boat always stays on the boat. I will report what other boats could observe: