Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves of the things we do like.--Ernest Benn

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Have a Galaxy Day!

I had a firm invitation to crew on a winning boat for a two day regatta this weekend. But the starts were not in alignment. My # son has his 49th birthday. So, I wanted to be with him. But he's off with two of his brothers to watch the Galaxy win the Major League Championship in Los Angeles. (If you can score tickets, you have to go!) That starts a minute from when I post this.

The Regatta? not worth a photograph: about 15 or more boats bobbing up and down by the committee boat. The electronic masthead wind indicator on my Das Boot is not moving a lick. This Yachting scene does not measure up to today's soccer event.

This will be Los Angeles Galaxy's finest hour: after today's game, these three veterans of the English Premier League will hang up their spikes. As far as Los Angeles is concerned, anyway.

8 comments:

  1. You may have jinxed the Galaxy by not even mentioning the other team. I think they're probably going to show up....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Galaxy 3 - Dynamo 1:

      Last two goals were penalty kicks rightfully assessed against the Texans for ball-grabbing. In the last instance the game ball was not involved.

      Delete
    2. Ball-grabbing??? I don't remember any of that when I play soccer back in England over 50 years ago. Is that an American innovation?

      Delete
    3. I don't know the nationality of the nut-grabber. I'd have to do some research.

      Delete
  2. Why is the one on the right wearing that funny hat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you seen Beckham's hair cut?

      Delete
    2. No? Why? Does he have a really bad barber?

      Delete
    3. Agreed. Beckham's hat is not as funny as his hair cut.

      Delete