Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves of the things we do like.--Ernest Benn

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Bastile Day Massacre


These are two of the three guys I'm losing to a nascent one-design fleet. I love 'em anyways. If I were any younger, would join them. And yes, I lost to them tonight, boat for boat. I'm sayin' because the wind never got above four knots, not because my helming was any better than my camera work. I also note we had four extra (surprise!) "guests" on board which was fun. And good, because their weight on the leeward rail really helped heel our aircraft carrier to leeward for the whole race. My only regret is that I wasted my camera's battery on filming these louts and didn't have any juice left to capture my guests.

5 comments:

  1. What's your age got to do with it? If you want to join them, just do it. How old are you anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He really wants us to think he's old!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Upon further listening, you don't sound that damn old Doc!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just can't play with the varsity anymore....

    ReplyDelete