Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves of the things we do like.--Ernest Benn

Thursday, July 1, 2010

World Cup Weekend

We have all four Pods (sons & families) arriving tonight! They're coming from Oakland, Long Beach, Pasadena and Malibu!
Politics and sailing is out. Everything is kids, dogs, food, and group photos. And fútbol! That's the guarantee! Sleeping arrangements are scary! Tents will be broken out. Trophy Wife and Trophy Doberwoman may sleep on the boat! For the first time in years. Don't know how it will all turn out and I can't promise news at eleven!

What more can I say? I'd like to see Ghana advance, but I don't think Uruguay is to be denied. I think you have to pick Spain over Paraguay. The others are harder. The Dutch have a strong side, but who's going to put bucks on them against Brazil? Germany & Argentina? I'll have to think about that one.....

10 comments:

  1. Post some pictures when the smoke clears!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soccer Fever is Crazy in Cape Town, South Africa. Ayoba

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah? Who would have bet on the outcome of Ghana vs. Uruguay? That was a howler! I can say more, but you had to have been there on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've got the final four. Great action! I've been thinking about you and your family watching the games. You must be aware, I've never been so interested in this game, but this summer it's been absolutely captivating.
    Have a great 4th and 5th Doc!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am hoping for a German v Netherlands Final next Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, Smilicus! No one wants to see cheating Uruguay to go forward!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree. In the mother city (Cape Town) for the Netherlands game tonight...the vibe is going to be awesome. Enoy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Go Dutch! (I'll be out of town today, but the recording will be waiting for me by the time I get back. Nevertheless, I'll be listening to the car radio. Inevitably.)

    ReplyDelete