Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves of the things we do like.--Ernest Benn

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Solitaire du Figaro


Please someone stop me before I enter another race!



28-July-2010:
I misread this instruction: I thought this message meant a final decision about restarting will be made at noon-local. I opted for a good night sleep. Boat crashed and I lost 13,500 boats. I am pissed off! So I lost my sleep, too!

This very well may be my last race with MP-VR.

29-July-2010:

All is forgiven. MP was forced by all of us discontenteds to hold a decent restart. So, I'm hooked again on my addiction to Virtual Regatta.

The shortened course is a drag race under spinnakers to the northern coast of Spain. I'm decently under 1,000 out of 20,000 at the moment. Not many tricks available. But I do have one up my sleeve!



























Here is the updated (final) performance chart. The lack of data points reflects the use of up to eight hours of stealth (invisibility) option afforded racers and the melt-down and subsequent re-start of this leg!














Paul Nayard has finished 2nd, only 16 boats behind Deep Fried Turkey.

This chart can be expanded with a click or two!

19 comments:

  1. Guess I'll see you at the start line... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I was thinking of ducking and going cold turkey on this addiction of mine, but now I can't. It's just too much fun losing to smart people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am pissed. The above statement about the stoppage & restart was not even a communication from the RC: it was to be found in the forum. Worse communication between race officials and competitors cannot be imagined.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chill out, Doc. Your shipwreck wasn't in Islamabad, was it? Get over it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, Doctor, doctor, chill out. They're going to re-restart the race again! Tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Doc! You're visible again! If I squint my eyes I can just see your stern, way in the distance...

    No Going Back

    ReplyDelete
  7. When are you going to put up a performance chart of this race? It should be a doozy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Posted. It's ugly. It is what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks to me like OC III was passed during the night! Briefly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're in trouble, Doc! Looks like Macavity turned on his engine during the early morning hours when no one would be the wiser!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Question is why has Big Bird parked just 10 miles short of the finish? Mighty sporting of him!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vlad, what's the problem with the smell of a little napalm in the morning>

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am in trouble. Don't want to leave my keyboard for church. OTOH, maybe I'd better go & pray for wind!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My usual goal is to finish each leg sub 1,000th. My goal this race is to finish sub 10,000th and reappear on your chart. How embarrassing!

    No going back

    ReplyDelete
  16. Able to sail at a hotter angle than Macavity, I have just passed her!

    ReplyDelete
  17. For you, Paula, I will extend the scale if necessary!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Noooooooooo Doc, please don't extend the scale. I don't want the others to know how badly I did. :(

    No going back

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are included; also included will be Contiguous.

    ReplyDelete