Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves of the things we do like.--Ernest Benn

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

More One-Design Racing

One of my best friends and ex-crew took me out in his new boat this afternoon for a scrimmage with two other identical boats. They're going to have seven in fleet starts in a few weeks. They're excited about this and I share their enthusiasm: here, at last, is a one design fleet designed for seniors. 

I would love to obtain regular access to one of these. Just to think of going sailing on a morning or afternoon breeze without having to hook up with two or four others: just me and my Trophy Wife and Dawg. After two weeks of sailing two out of three days, I'd be ready to race!

5 comments:

  1. That dark blob in the center of your photo: what's wrong with your camera?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sailed in a catboat? Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sailing two out of three days would be nice...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe a bad idea? Dawg's walks may get cut back?

    ReplyDelete