Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves of the things we do like.--Ernest Benn

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Medium Winds. Medium Results. Spectacular Sailing

The results were passable. In mostly steady winds that peaked at 14 knots, we corrected to 6th place out of dozen sailing. But after what we've been through recently, the sailing was totally enjoyable. New mainsheet crew is now totally reliable. Everyone is happy. A decent speed will make even the biggest grinch on board (me) smile and mellow out. Trophy Wife says our top speed was 7+ knots. At one point we even seemed to be keeping up with the dolphins.

The only thing I have to complain about is that all of the people in the Club Bar after the race are unfamiliar. I don't know these people. They're young. And I don't know how to fix that.

5 comments:

  1. If you cant fix that, just remember that getting older beats the alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you really think it's an illness, I'm very happy to be rid of it. But is it ???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Baydog... just give them time and I think also space.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fair ride on a fair day and a fair result.(?)...Amazing photo with the dolphin...beautiful! What body of water is this?

    J. Rosco
    writer @ paddle boats

    ReplyDelete