Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves of the things we do like.--Ernest Benn

Monday, January 23, 2012

Disputing the Ref's Call for the Wrong Reasons?

The Internet is awash this morning with outrage that Mario Ballotelli stomped on the head of Scott Parker as the former was being brought down just inside the penalty area. The decision was to award a penalty kick to Manchester City which Mario converted into the game-winning goal in 81st minute.

I say, not so! I say that clearly Super Mario was just stumbling to recover/regain his footing.

I have to issue a disclaimer and disclose the Mario Ballotelli is on my rotisserie team, Vigilance F.C., and his goal saved the week for me.

But, in these replays, I see something else which troubles me about the Ref's call.

3 comments:

  1. Don't know much about this game, but Ballotelli was fouled after he shot. Does that make a difference?

    ReplyDelete